Sign in to follow this  
Majick

Best mesh for USA?

Hello All,I'm currently using the FSGenesis United States Terrain Mesh for FSX v2. I wondered if anyone has compared this with FS Global Ultimate - The Americas and would be able to advise if they differ? The fact that it takes up approx 6 times the space suggests that it should be better, but I know life is not always that straightforward with meshes.Also if anyone is able to take a screenshot of the Mittens at Monument Valley, I'd be very grateful, as that would give me something to compare!RegardsJon

Guest jahman

One thing the FSGU series does is variable mesh resolution to reduce resolution for areas already flat and enhance resolution for points of interest, for example mountains near airports, from 2m (LOD14) to 150m (LOD8).Also FS Genesis is Unites States (at 10m fixed resolution), whereas FSGU - Americas is North, Cetral and South America, plus Antarctica.Cheers,- jahman.

I used FSGenesis for years but I never installed it in FSX due to the plateaus near add on airports. I know they have done a lot of fixing for the areas around default airports but there is no way they could create fixes for add on airports as well. Add ons are generally created for default mesh so that is what I stick to.Now, if someone could create a mesh buffer around every major airport, that would be something I would be interested in.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Thanks for your responses! I guess as I already own FSGenesis, then if I decided to get FS Global it would be worthwhile keeping both selected to get the best of both worlds. But I'm still not certain FS Global is going to improve things visually over FSGenesis.I'd still be very grateful, if someone could post a snapshot of Monument Valley in FSGlobal, so that I can compare.

Guest jahman
Is AFM available yet, cant seem to find it for sale anywhere.
How about following the link I provided? :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.

Oops sorry, I followed the link previously but completely missed the "online shop" link on the left. Thanks!