Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

CDT issue using Paul Nunn's NGX_AUTO ver 1.00 for MCP Pro

Paul, et al...I identfied a CTD issue using the NGX_AUTO ver 1.00 with GoFlight's MCP Pro. The CTD issue occurs when NGX SP1 is loaded and the user changes joystick button assignments through the FSX Controls>Button/Keys assignment menu. Here's the test sequence used to identify the problem:

1. Started FSX with generic B737 (as always).
    1. Reassigned Button 8 on yoke to Autopilot Master (on/off) - No CTD
    2. Reassigned Button 1 on yoke to Autopilot Master (on/off) – No CTD

[*]Loaded NGX SP1 B736

1. Reassigned Button 8 on yoke to Autopilot Master (on/off) – No CTD
  2. Reassigned Button 1 on yoke to Autopilot Master (on/off) - Lost control of the yoke joystick device. Yoke in the VC did not respond when yoke joystick was moved. No buttons on yoke joystick worked. When I try to change the button assignements using FSX menu, the buttons were not recognized, at which point FSX CTD.

The CTD occurances are repeatable. They may occur as you exit the Control menu and return to FSX or they may occur shortly thereafter. This test was repeated using Level D without a CTD issue.While troubleshooting the problem, I removed the LUA_AUTO file from the FSX\Modules directory. I repeated the test several times above without any CTD issues. There may be something in the LUA_AUTO file that is causing the CTD when a joystick assignment is changed.When I re-installed the LUA_AUTO file into the FSX\Modules directory, restarted FSX, and tested NGX SP1 again, the CTD re-occured.Paul --Just to let you know, I appreciate the work that you did making MCP Pro workable with NGX. I won't be parting with my LUA_AUTO file, I just know not to fiddle with the joystick assignments while running NGX! Thanks again for all your hard work!Best regards,Rich BollWichita, KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS