Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bpcw001

Autobrake and Reverse thrust question - sim vs real-world

Hi,I've got a question concerning the autobrake and reverse thrust system in the 737NG.Ever since I've flown the NGX, it occurred to me that the stopping power of autobrake 1 or 2 in conjunction with (full) reverse thrust is enormous.It appears that the real-world NG takes a lot longer to slow down.From my experience flying on the NG as a passenger, the reversers are engaged on touchdown and are kept on max for about 8-10 seconds.Doing the same in the NGX will result in a stop on the runway with a medium-loaded aircraft.My questions:1. What's the normal reverse N1 percent in the real 737NG?2. I've read somewhere that the autobrake selection actually commands a deceleration rate, not brake strength, i. e. if you use reverse thrust, brakes will be relieved and don't need to work as much to achieve the commanded deceleration rate. Is that true? If yes, is it modeled in the NGX?Thank youDave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've read somewhere that the autobrake selection actually commands a deceleration rate, not brake strength, i. e. if you use reverse thrust, brakes will be relieved and don't need to work as much to achieve the commanded deceleration rate. Is that true? If yes, is it modeled in the NGX? Thank you Dave
Yes that's how it works and yes it's modeled.