Sign in to follow this  
Christoph Langguth

[autower] tower database?

Tower positions database  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that a public tower location database is useful?

• No, I never use the tower view anyway
    • No, whenever I use tower view, I'm fine with the perspective, or I'll change the perspective to what I like
    • Yes, if there was a tower location database, I would use it
  2. 2. If such a public tower location database was available, how would you use it?

• I want FS to automatically check and update the tower locations on each start
    • I want to be notified on each FS start if possible updates are available, but I'll review and apply them manually
    • I want to manually trigger a search for possible updates, and I'd apply them by my own discretion
    • I don't want the program to look for updates at all: I am in control of my computer, and if I deem it necessary, I download and apply updates
  3. 3. Would you contribute to such a database, and if so, under which conditions?

• No, why would I? The tower database should contain everything I need out of the box.
    • Yes, I'm adding tower locations that I know.
    • Yes, I'm adding tower locations that I know, and I'll keep them updated to cater for changes

<EDIT>NOTE: To anyone *NOT* knowing about autower: please do NOT take part in this survey. This is only intended for (at least potential) users of autower. The survey will only be somewhat useful if it is limited to autower users. Thank you!</EDIT>Hi folks,here's just a few questions that appeared to me after recently refurbishing autower. In particular, I was wondering whether it makes sense to "launch" something like a global database for tower positions.All outcome of the poll is of course anonymous, but any direct feedback is also welcome.CheersChris