Sign in to follow this  
Tuddley3

FSX Metal GUI (New look to interface)

I thought I'd try something a bit different, and after staring at the same old boring user interface, I thought a fresh new look would be refreshing. So I started tinkering with some different metal/aluminum designs. One thing that kind of made it difficult to do as I wanted to do, is that the font color cannot be changed, so you might notice some of the text is hard to read. But overall, I am happy with my results. This is no way a "perfect" job, but it beats looking at the same bland default look. Also, I tried my best to make this as dark as possible for those who fly with the lights in the room off at night, or have light sensitive eyes such as mine.A few other things I changed was the background to the aircraft viewer window of which I have 4 different options to choose from. I also added a new sound when you click on something in the menus from the Internet Explorer "click" sound to the "Seat Belts Fastened" dong sound.I'm planning on releasing it sometime later in the week, I want to make sure I've not missed anything. Until then, I'll give you some teaser screenshots. My next project I'm planning on making a WestWind themed interface.Free Flight UI1FreeFlightUI.jpgLoading Bar2LoadingBar.jpgSettings3SettingsUI.jpgCalibration4CalibrationUI.jpgControls5ControlsUI.jpgFlight Planner6FlightPlannerUI.jpgSelect Airport7SelectAirportUI.jpgScenery Library8SceneryLibraryUI.jpgTime and Season9TimeandSeasonUI.jpgWeather10WeatherUI.jpgHere are the optional viewer backgrounds included in the background...AircraftList1.jpgAircraftList2.jpgAircraftList3.jpgAircraftList4.jpg