Sign in to follow this  
andrewlsummer

FSX: Using PixeIIsPoint =1 with Resample

Hi gang,I followed the MS FSX SDK as best as possible and it appears that RESAMPLE only recognizes the PixelIsPoint variable when a BMP is used (it is noted optional for BMP but not listed as optional for TIF)When I use the following INF file, the upper left corner of the output starts at the center of my elevation BGL, instead of centring the ground in the middle of my DEM.[source]Type = MultiSourceNumberOfSources = 3[source1]Type = BMPLayer = ImagerySourceDir = "."SourceFile = "GROUND.bmp"Variation = AllChannel_BlendMask = 2.0Channel_LandWaterMask = 3.0PixelIsPoint = 1ulxMap = -10ulyMap = -10xDim = 1.05E-05yDim = 1.04E-05[source2]Type = BMPLayer = NoneSourceDir = "."SourceFile = "BLEND.bmp"SamplingMethod = GaussianNullValue = 255,255,255PixelIsPoint = 1ulxMap = -10ulyMap = -10xDim = 1.05E-05yDim = 1.04E-05[source3]Type = BMPLayer = NoneSourceDir = "."SourceFile = "WATER.bmp"SamplingMethod = GaussianNullValue = 255,255,255PixelIsPoint = 1ulxMap = -10ulyMap = -10xDim = 1.05E-05yDim = 1.04E-05[Destination]DestDir = "."DestBaseFileName = "my-bgl"DestFileType = BGLLOD = AutoCompressionQuality = 97If I set the coords to be the upper left of my DEM BGL then it works fine. But I can't get my GROUND BGL to render by referencing from the center coordinate position and using the PixelIsPoint = 1Thanks for any help!

Resample works fine with BMP file without the "PixelIsPoint = 1" toggle. Or at least it has for the many thousands of files I've compiled.Where is your work suppose to be? Your coordinates put it out in the middle of the water between South America and Africa!You've posted elsewhere about your DEM problems and it all appears to revolve around a lack of understanding about GIS, coordinates and projections. Let's start with where are you working? Because ulxMap = -10 and ulyMap = -10 translates to south of the Equator and west of the Prime Meridian.

Hi,I wouldn't say I have a lack of understanding as I have been commercially draping sites outside of fsx for ages. Firstly, the -10 coords are just to hide my working location because they are beside the issue and to make it more readable. Secondly, there is a real problem with worldwind dem data and it is projected from south-to-north.I think the issue above has just been solved in another thread as it appears I misread a minor detail in the SDK, in that pixelispoint only centers the actual pixels and not the entire image area area over the coords. Is it possible to center an image by center point and not NW of bitmap?I am just try to work out the most accurate way to drape aerial images once true DEM data has been imported as I have found some issues with the way fsx handles the image importing even though I know the source is accurate

I have probably 100,000 mesh source files scattered across a few HDs. These cover global, country and smaller regions. I've yet come across an "inverted" source file. Not saying it isn't possible, but then that would go against all the standards that are in place in the GIS world. It's not so complex to where one can't see that it's nothing more than rows and columns, just like a spreadsheet presents it's data. There is variance in how the files are recognized, in that some data is named for the lower left corner and some is named for the upper left corner, but in the end it's still a fixed grid of data flowing from top to bottom, left to right.If you have a link to some inverted data, could you share it?The Resample compiler follows standard GIS conventions, which wold be start at the upper left corner and process the data flowing right and down. Can't change that.