Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

FS9 water texture problem -- blurries

Hi all,yesterday I encountered the following while flying over KBOS. See attached screenshot.I am using a water textures enhancement (waterzone.zip, by Lynn and Bill Lyons and Daniel Buechter) which produces good results so far, but I havent been able to pinpoint the problem with those blurry textures in the distance as seen in the screenshot.Do I need to adjust my visibility settings? I cant seem to set it <60mi in the weather options dialog.Ah, before I forget it, my rig: P4 2.4, 512mb ram, GF4 4200 64MB.Thanks,celticmatrix

Hi, Try it with default fs2004 water on the same area you have taken the shot and reports, extented texture should be enabled. Blue and green line texture water transition on the screen , two thing can increase this alot,3rd party ocean water and some 3rd party reflection. I just saw another post removing a 3rd party reflection, the line on far is gone. And I did test 2 ocean water texture available for fs2004 and both increase alot this effect compare to default over 30 000 feet.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi Chris,okay, now I've taken a shot w/ the default fs2004 water textures... and the colors "blend" into each other much nicer! (Although there is still significant blurring... see screenshot). I assume that FS9 uses those blurred textures in the distance in both cases (w/ or w/o the texture enhancement), and they obviously don't get replaced by the enhancement.One thing to note: I did not enable "extended terrain textures" becuase I had some framerate problems. My take is that it eventually should be o.k. if I set extended textures to "on". Will try when I fire up FS9 again.

Hi, "okay, now I've taken a shot w/ the default fs2004 water textures... and the colors "blend" into each other much nicer! "Thanks for the test and provide screenshots. Even with non extended texture enabled in fs2004 with your test, you can see a major transition opaque water texture issue on your first shots with the 3rd party water that cause blocky dark water/green ocean at far) and this % intense effect do not appears in fs2004 default last shot.There is two thing here: Blur from far and the opaque blocky ocean texture transition at far are completly 2 differents things. The blocky dark blue and green texture transition is increased by ocean 3rd party texture and some few 3rd party reflection. The blur from far is from fs2004 engine. To improve this:1-Enable extended texture4-Your fs2004 ground texture slider quality to full2-Use Anasotropy in your driver display setting 4x3-Change your radius under terrain in fs9.cfg(Terrain)TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS: 9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS: 4.500000ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis