Sign in to follow this  
flight1986

External Frame Limiter

Hello,I just wanted to see if anyone knows where I can get the download of the External Frame Limiter that doesnt use Java GUI. I remember seeing Bojotes post once that included the link to help out people that were having issues running External Frame limiter from Bojotes website and creating the .bat file. He posted a very easy one but I just cant find it now.

The java gui is just used to set up the bat file once. You can alter the file directly and never use the Java thingy though.

CoolP,Yeah i know that, but i keep running into issues with it and not it wanting to create it properly. But Bojote posted this .exe file and it was simple you run it and it has a interface and you choose where you FSX root is and all that and it just creates the .bat easily, that worked for me well, but i just reformated my drive and forgot to pull that.

If you open or create the bat file, the syntax is as follows.

fps_limiter /f:xx "path"

xx is the desired limit (maybe 20, 25 or 30), path sets the full path to the fsx.exe. Keep the quotation marks there, so a valid entry would be "D:Flight Simulator Xfsx.exe".fps_limiter /f:25 "D:Flight Simulator Xfsx.exe" would be a full valid line for example. The bat file should be in the folder the limiter itself resides in.

I have tried that and doesnt take, but that automated file bojote posted does though. That is why i want to find it again if i can

I see. Here he describes a certain script. http://forum.avsim.n...29#entry1896529As far as I know, you can run the 0.2 limiter with the bat file or with the Java GUI which then generates the bat. Another option would be the antilag limiter, which works without a bat startup. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/322993-alternative-external-fps-limiterIf all that doesn't work, there may be some video editing tools that limit the fps too. mellow.png