Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

Thinking of Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle for 737NGX

Flying 737NGX and FSX with typical add ons (see my sig) and thinking of replacing my T.Flight HOTAS Thrustmaster Joy/Throttle with the (pricey) Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Joy/Throttle combo.Question: Are any of you using this device to fly the PDMG 737NGX in FSX? If yes, can you tell me if you're satisfied with the performance of this controller, particularly as regards to control of the airplane both in terms of steering and thrust?I purchased and returned the Saitek pro flight yoke and rudder pedal combo. Let's just say I was dissatisfied with both items from a flight control perspective, not to mention what I regarded as extremely 'iffy' construction and performance characteristics.I looked at the CH yoke/pedals as well, and believe the Thrustmaster setup is a bit more solid from what I've been able to read about (and at like 2x the price, it should be).Also looked at the crazy-expensive precision flight controls offerings. If money were no object, of course I'd just buy a used 737 from one of the airlines. Sadly, I'm a few cockles short of the millions needed for that idea. Or, I could pay 300 grand for the world's most expensive personal flight simulator (according to Guiness Book of World Records).Since none of that is happening, I am asking for feedback about the Thrustmaster. I recognize that it is probably not ideal for a dual-engine commercial Jet versus a true YOKE design, but the magnetic contacts and the idea of a better feel when moving the throttle to full IDLE has intrigued me greatly.Thanks in advance for any feedback. If I'm missing some 'other' choice for yoke/throttle/rudder pedals - please share your thoughts.Finally, is the Warthog able to fully-control all control surfaces of the 737NGX (especially the rudder?)Ciao.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel