Sign in to follow this  
OSJJ1985

FS2004 start-up issue!

Hey guys!I'm desperetaly trying to find a solution. Yesterday I had no problems flying in FS2004. Today I installed some new add-ons and all of a sudden I doesn't load. I observed it in the Task manager and it disappears the "fs9.exe" disappears two seconds after I want to run it. Then I tried all kinds of solutions. First of all the Add-Ons I installed between being able to run it and not were just additional AI-Traffic. Ok so I reinstalled the game and tried to run it without my Add-ons. It worked. Then I copied all my add-ons back. Same thing again. Then I did a system recovery from yesterday (I thought maybe some configurations screwed up my FS). Did that, was a hell of a work and I'm still not done with the non-fs files. Now I could at least get the splash-screen to show, but after it's done it just quite again without any error messages. I tried running some other games (some of them even more system demading than FS2004). No problem. It's just FS2004 which currently fails me and I'm out of ideas. I searched for hours now for solutions. I also tried copying the FS9.exe from my CD. Also without luck.The AI-Traffic I installed today were United Express (Flightplan and Aircraft) and the WOAI US Airways Express pack. I can't imagine any of that to screw up my FS.Any ideas?Thanks in advance,Best Regards

um, did you try uninstalling the files you added or restoring from a backup?

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Yes I completely took out the aircraft files I modified and the *.bgl files I've added to my Traffic library. Didn't work. The problem is also I wouldn't know which file is corrupted. When installing a clean version everything works fine. And I couldn't remember modifying any essential files during the installation of the new AI as it's mostly just adding rather than overwriting so back-up would be pointless. So trying to find the corrupted file or configuration or whatever would be worse than a needle in a haystack. I'm going to try to go over all the fltsim entries of the aircraft files I installed the new textures, but can't imagine that screwing up the launch of fs9.exe or why it would. It never did previously with faulty fltsim entries.

Try this...Open your FS directory in Windows Explorer, if you have to go into individual folders (aircraft, scenery etc...) right click and hit view by modified date That should move whatever was last messed with to the top.at least it narrows down where in the haystack to look. No backups?

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Well non between the point where it worked and didn't, because I just added files and didn't replace any and I just seen that all my aircraft.cfg haven't got the new entries anymore. Probably a result of a system recovery of yesterday. What a joy it'll be modifying them again. Anyhow actually all the files seem to be back to where they started before it all went bad. Which makes the situation even more confusing. I now tried reinstalling FSUIPC, that seemed to have been recently modified. Nope. I think the best think will be to backup the whole FS, reinstall and then copy my add-ons from the old installing one by one. That's going to be fun.... but I thought I could some how get around that. Oh joy ;-)