Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

PAINTING FAQ`s for X-Plane edited 28th february 2019

Its my intention to create a Repaint FAQ`s for X-Plane likewise the one we have here for MSFS , in time,step by step.

As repainting for various sims is technically the same ,the Repaint FAQ for  MSFS will provide a lot of usefull information too.

Keep in mind this will all be about specific X-Plane-painting- issues
There will be no answer to the question " Please tell me how to use Photoshop?" there are plenty of manuals on the net to read.

Questions and answers are collected by me or my fellow moderators and reproduced in these FAQ`s
This means this faq will only grow vividly when X-Plane-painters visit this forum and start asking .

I must emphasize I am not having a complete knowledge about repainting
I am just a collector of answers and questions
For additional questions and /or answers , or better answers to the present questions please contact me by mail or PM
OR just post on the Painters-Forum.
Any help to improve this FAQ`s is welcomed gratefully.
Reacting here on this topic is not possible.

Leen de Jager

The Painting FAQ`s

Question 1: What is "repainting"?.......................Answer

Question 2: Wich tools do I need for repainting?.......................Answer

Question 3: Tutorials about repainting?.......................Answer

Question 4: Painting with "Layers" ???.......................Answer

Question 5 :Publishing repaintwork, copyright and other restrictions?.......................Answer

Question 6 :The repaint-readme file what`s that?.......................Answer

Question 7: I have problems with converting to DDS files in DXTBmp , is there a solution?.......................Answer

Question 8: Where can I find font-types and logos?.......................Answer 

Question 9: How to find a spot on a texturesheet?.......................Answer 

Question 10: Problems with registrations , decals and logos .........................Answer

Question 11: What should I know about re-sizing (scaling) textures?............................................  Answer

Question 12: High resolution textures  whats that??  HD-Textures , some explanation ........................ Answer 

Question 13: Normals whats that ?  ....................................... Answer   

Question 14: I want to paint a plane and there is NO PAINTKIT .................................... Answer  

Question 15: How to make a LIT.file .................................... Answer

Question 16: When you cannot find the right FONT.................................. Answer  

Question 17: Can I personalise airplane-icons in XP11?  ...................... Answer

Question 18: A "Total-Fuse" how to make and how to use? ..................... Answer...... Answer2

Question 19: Normalfiles in XP11, How do they work?   ................................Answer

Question 20:  Editing OBJ file for XP11 PBR/Metalness   ................................Answer

Question 21:  How to make my plane dirty ................................Answer

Question 22:  My beautifil straight lines are curved on the model  !!  What to do??................................Answer

Question 23:  What to know about flags...............................Answer

Nb: The question-number is just for reference and has nothing to do with the importance of the subject.

Nb: The question-number is just for reference and has nothing to do with the importance of the subject.

Painting FAQ`s for X-Plane as HTML-download  available    HERE

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints