Sign in to follow this  

Hello,I got a new GTX560 Ti instead of my GTS250 for my fs2004-computer. From the begining I've always had this problem, made it work a few times I don't know how. Todays it's still there.FS9 starts normally and when setting clear sky everything works perfectly. Even the small clouds fs9 sets on default weather are perfectly shown. I can fly, everything is smooth and works perfectly.Whenever I go to weather and set for example "building thunderstorms", the moment I press OK my screens turns black, my sound is hanging and I can hear my video card cooler rising to 100% speed... I'm then unable to shut down the process or anything, I have to reset my computer.I've tried to make clean installs of all drivers but with no luck. I'm using HDE V2 for the clouds with the high resolution 32bit textures for the cumulus. I'm using nvidia inspector with the settings shown on this screen :nvinspector1932.jpgWhat can be the problem ? :-(Thank you,Maxime.

Guest venustus01

Your settings look good!However, you are using the FSX profile in inspector. Check the settings correspond with the FS2004 profile.

Hello,This is just to show the settings, I took them from this print screen but in my nvidia inspector I set them on FS2004 ;-)Maxime.

Hello,I got a new GTX560 Ti instead of my GTS250 for my fs2004-computer. From the begining I've always had this problem, made it work a few times I don't know how. Todays it's still there.FS9 starts normally and when setting clear sky everything works perfectly. Even the small clouds fs9 sets on default weather are perfectly shown. I can fly, everything is smooth and works perfectly.Whenever I go to weather and set for example "building thunderstorms", the moment I press OK my screens turns black, my sound is hanging and I can hear my video card cooler rising to 100% speed... I'm then unable to shut down the process or anything, I have to reset my computer.I've tried to make clean installs of all drivers but with no luck. I'm using HDE V2 for the clouds with the high resolution 32bit textures for the cumulus. I'm using nvidia inspector with the settings shown on this screen :nvinspector1932.jpgWhat can be the problem ? :-(Thank you,Maxime.
Your Nvidia inspector setting is a FSX setting !Try to set "MS Flight Simulator 2004" and verify that fs9 path is on the green bar on nvidia inspector panel.Hope this helpsPierre

Guest venustus01

Are you using any dxt3 cloud textures?

I've set these settings for fs9 ;-) This is just a screenshot to show the settings.Maxime.

Are you using any dxt3 cloud textures?
I think I was using them, I've tried to replace my cumulus cloud texture with the 32bit from hde but still the same issue...Maxime.

Hello,I just made a clean install of fs9 and with everything default it works perfectly. I just installed the textures of hdev2 and it crashes. I'm using the high resolution 32bit textures for the clouds and all other from hde v2.Maxime.EDIT : Just replaced the files with default textures again and it doens't work !! Worried.gif Clean windows install with cd drivers, clean fs9.1 install everything default and it doens't work. Where can the problem be ? Straight%20Face.gif

Hello,I mayby found the solution : Some other topics about the GTX560 with this problem says it's a problem with the power. So I completely remade the wiring in my computer of my 580W power supply so the video card gets the best power output and now my fs doesn't crash.I'll install everything back on the sim and see if my problem is fixed or not...Maxime.