Sign in to follow this  

Uk TV - a couple of '60s aviation memories..do you reme

1. Gary Haliday...post-Grandstand Saturday teatimes, prior to being unkindly usurped by DOCTOR WHO. Deftly-made kids serial, headed by titular airline pilot played by TERENCE LONDON who was joined by cohort TERENCE ALEXANDER to do battle against unassumingly named baddie The Voice (ELWYN BROOKE-JONES). 2. Whirlybirds http://cellmath.med.utoronto.ca/B47/histor...wbLaunchIt.htmlBring a smile to your face? - Then you're a 50's kid, like me.I have a vague memory of an early 60's mystery TV play - in which a couple of courting kids walking in the woods 'somewhere in England' - stumble upon a second world war bomber, covered in undergrowth. Quite well done it was, they rub away and clean a bit of the canopy, peer inside to find the skeletal pilot still in occupation. Subsequently discovered he had a service revolver bullet wound in the back of the skull? I kind of imagined that there might well be such things to find deep in the woods, even 20 years after the end of the war.Just indulging in some wistful reflection.PH