Sign in to follow this  
Lorca1

Queation about conflicting scenary

Hi, I'm new and this is my first post. I have UTX and GEX North america. They both compliment each other well. Since I live in San Francisco, California the first thing I did was to fly in my city with these new addons and I must say it looks way better than default scenery. I remember that default scenery placed wrongly the famous landmark Coit Tower down on flat ground were it should have been atop on a hill. UTX did a great job in placing the Coit Tower on the hill.Ok, now here comes my problem. I've installed a new scenery addon for just San Francisco alone call: US Cities X - San Francisco. This new scenery is even more accurate than UTX. It has better texture resolution and meshes. The problem is that now there are two Coit Towers on the hill very close to each other. How can I disable the Coit Tower from UTX?Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask.

Make sure your new add-on (U.S. Cities--San Francisco) is installed above your UTX entries in the Add-on Scenery Library. There may be other things you need to do (I'm not the brightest bulb in the flight sim world), but I do know that's one thing that has to be taken care of.

Guest firehawk44
Ok, now here comes my problem. I've installed a new scenery addon for just San Francisco alone call: US Cities X - San Francisco. This new scenery is even more accurate than UTX. It has better texture resolution and meshes. The problem is that now there are two Coit Towers on the hill very close to each other. How can I disable the Coit Tower from UTX?
There's an 'exclude file' fix for duplicate objects with UTX at Aerosoft.com - http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=25689. Hopefully that will fix your problem.Best regards,Jim

There's an 'exclude file' fix for duplicate objects with UTX at Aerosoft.com - http://forum.aerosof...showtopic=25689. Hopefully that will fix your problem.Best regards,Jim
Thank you for the link and I will check it out asap. As for the other reply from the poster, I do have U.S. Cities--San Francisco at the top priority.UPDATE: The link you gave me hit the jackpot! I guess I wasn't alone in this problem. The creator of the scenery made a patch for the double meshes. Thanks a lot for the link. Problem solved:) Edited by Lorca1