Sign in to follow this  
taknbyd

Yet another freezing issue. :o(

So I have been using FSX for only 2 months. Never had any problems with freezing or whatnot. But then again I really didn't even know how to fly either. I would usually just hop in a plane or heli and fly around. A buddy of mine is a pilot and taught me a few things about autopilot and whatnot and I'm hooked. So hooked that my wife purchased me the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle, an extra Pro Flight Throttle, and the Saitek Multi Panel. When I recieved the items I was having some difficulty with getting everything to work properly with the Saitek drivers. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get things to work that I decided to start out fresh. So I reformated my PC and reinstalled everything. But this time instead of the saitek drivers I am using the S.P.A.D. driver software. With the SPAD software I was able to get things going the way that I wanted with all of my new controls. But now with having these new controls I have been dealing with freezing. Freezing to the point to where the game isn't even worth playing. Everytime I try to fly FSX freezes. It's pretty random and there is no real set task that happens. One thing I have noticed is that if I leave the game open while it's been frozen it comes back, but then freezes again after a couple of minutes. I have been reading online and in this forum about other crashing and or freezing issues, but everything I have tried has not succeeded for me. If there is anyone who could help me resolve this issue, not only will I be grateful, but my wife will be happy that she didn't waste her money on this new gear.My system specs...OS: Windows 7 64bitMemory: 12gVideo Card: Nvidia EVGA GeForce 570CPU: i7 970 @ 3.20GHz (water cooled)Motherboard: Gigabyte Sniper

Guest jahman

By "freezing" you mean exactly what? Of your FSX is crashing, please provide the datya from the crash log (event viewer).Cheersm- jahman.

To be honest, I think I may have fixed the problem. I ran a scan on my fsx.cfg files and and changed some stuff for me. Just flew from KSAT to KATL no problems. Finally I can get back to learning. Thanks for the help Jahman. But just for reference, where would I find the data if I do happen to freeze up again?

Guest firehawk44
But just for reference, where would I find the data if I do happen to freeze up again?
As I posted recently, here's a link to how the Event Viewer works and how to open it up - http://windows.micro...gs-Event-Viewer.Best regards,Jim