Sign in to follow this  
rburke3608

vSync issues with Trackir 5

I am having considerable tearing and have vSync set to Always On in my video card settings. I tried all of the other settings and still have tearing when I look around the cockpit. I am using an ATI 6970 card and have the latest driver. I did not have this issue in x-plane 9. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Funny, I have same set-up with 3 19" monitors, no tearing in XPX, but it was bad in FSX. Sorry can't help with your problem. Did you try locking you framrate in the sim, it's under Rendering Options?Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Yah, I tried that. Are you using AMD or NVIDIA? I wonder if it is a graphics card issue. I had the same issue in FSX only if I had the directx 10 preview checked. All was fine if I left that unchecked.

It's all listed in my signature. I have the same card as you, running 3 monitors, and have no tearing, never have, only in FSX. I'm using the 12.1 preview drivers, you might want to update your drivers??Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Thanks, I will look for the preview driver, 12.1 and give that a try. I loaded the newest update driver from AMD just as I started working with the sim and honestly can't remember if I had the same issue with the prior driver. I am inclined to say no as it would have bothered me and I think I would have remembered. I have Catalyst driver 11.12 right now which is the most up to date driver through AMD. I can also roll back to he previous driver and see if that one worked.

Went to install the 12.1 preview driver and my graphics went haywire when I uninstalled the old AMD files. Screen went mostly black but could still see outlines of images. System restore couldn't fix the problem so because I back up frequently on a removable drive I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled everything from scratch. It was time anyway -- I have been loading this machine down for a year now. So reformat, reinstalled windows 7 and all of my drivers and programs and installed x-plane with the beta 9 update. I set vsync to always on in my video card settings and all of the tearing issues were gone with the same AMD driver (the most recent release driver from AMD, not the preview driver). Must have been corrupted amd files. A lot of other general computer issue were solved too and the machine boots really fast now. I usually do a reformat once a year so obviously was due. X-plane seems to be running fine and it is VERY nice not having the aggravating tearing when I look around.Liking x-plane more and more...

Glad you got it sorted out, it can be frustrating.Glen