Sign in to follow this  
DeltaMD11

FPS limiter

i need to know where to download fpslimiter.exe if any body can help me i get freezes every 20-30 minutes. and people say that this helps. my computer specs are in my signature they are very good.

what fps should i set it at i have freezes when fly md11 737 etc and just did fresh reinnstall of fsx yesterday

I'd set 30FPS like mine. Is it FPS "surges" you're getting, or stutters? The FPS limiter will mostly help in cases like external view when the average frame rate is puncuated by very low or very high FPS. ie running around 40 FPS and then "surging" or jumping to 70-80FPS.

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Also, stutters are typically caused by autogen or scenery settings being too high for the system to handle, or anti-aliasing settings being a little to high via Inspector. At least as far as I've seen in the forums.You need to download the latest Inspector! Version 1.9.5.9I doubt an FPS limiter is going to solve your issue, though

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

thanks i have heard that these surges are too high for flight sim and quick that it crashes and i have no other choice i tried everything.Thank you