Sign in to follow this  
marcopedroso

Transparency/opacity problems, addon sceneries trees and ground textures flickering while on ground

Hi all,I've been a member of AVSIM for a long time now, downloading files and files from the community, but I'm new to the forums, tough. My name is Marco, I'm 26 and live in Sao Paulo (SBSP), Brazil. I'm quite familiar regarding flight simulation within MSFS. FS and I go back a long time. Until very recently I was simulating exclusively on FS9, but decided that it was time to move on since my computer allows me to, which brings me to my issue. The obvious choice here was MS FSX. The "Monster" (the name people close to me put on my hardware, hehe) should have no trouble running FSX after tweaking it (Win 7 x64, CPU i7 2600, 16GB RAM, GPU GTX460 1GB, Corsair 60GB SSD, bla bla bla...) but its driving me nuts! I realized that after SP1 install (before any tweak could be done and no addon other than this scenery was installed), my addon scenery went all crazy and a lot of issues came to be. I completed the logical installation sequency of addons (REX, Active Sky and all that stuff) hopping that a miracle would make this crazy thing go away BUT - well, you know...Here's a picture of what is happening:

FSXTextureProblem.jpg

See the crazy behaviour of those vertical-stair-maps? The ones that look like as if they've lost the alpha channel! The same ###### happens with trees... AND there's more! The worst part, actually. Look at the ground. The dreadful shimmering/flickering/flashing textures! It looks like the scenery mesh is mixing with the general ground mesh and three or four textures are flickering. On the runway the same ###### happens but it gets crazier down there: it looks like there is another runway under the addon scenery one... It's happing in a number of sceneries, so it's not an isolated issue.

I've tried everything, searched the whole frigging internet using General Google and found no real guide to solve this! It's making me nuts!

DX10 PREVIEW IS NOT ENABLED, if that's what you're going to ask me.

Please, if any of you guys has any idea - or even better - a solution to this problem, then please help me. Many thanks!

Thanks for yor reply.Indeed I installed SP1 and the problem happened. After that I succesfull uninstalled FSX, installed it again with no SPs and then applied the Acceleration Pack. The problem was there again.

Is the scenery made for FSX or FS9? there are transparency problems with FS9 sceneries. Also the flickering could be a flatten/z-bias issue. Since you are new to FSX, best to stick with FSX made product, will save you lots of headaches.Acceleration has both SP1 and 2 with it, so you should be good.Welcome to the forums.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks mikel.True, it's FS9 scenery. I think you've just made clear what the problem is to me. Let's see how thing will pan out. Later I'll report the achievements.Many thanks.

Guest jahman
Indeed I installed SP1
Please note it's SP2 I'm asking about :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.

Yes Jahman. I meant that after the SP1 installation the problem showed up and then after complete uninstall of FSX and reinstallation with Acceleration Pack (which contains SP1 and SP2) the problem was there again. Guess what? mikel was absolutely wright. With FSX sceneries the problem never showed up!