Sign in to follow this  
schroewo

AS2012 conflicts with ProFlight Emulator

For FSX ATC I use Pro Flight Emulator (PFE) which does some mystical things with the flight plan in AS2012. Without PFE the distances between the waypoints will be calculated correct. E.g the distance between KPHL and DQO will be 22nm. But if PFE is running the distance between these two points will be 1546 nm which is totally wrong. The side effect is that the calculation of the average wind componente is also wrong too.Any idea what can generate this discrepancy? BTW PFE uses FSUIPC instead of simconnect to communicate with FSX.RegardsWolfgang

Edited by schroewo

Wolfgang Schroeder

Did some further tests and found when I import a flight plan and PFE is running the drawn route on the map is completely misaligned too (see picture). If PFE is not running the drawn route is correct.RegardsWolfgang

Wolfgang Schroeder

I think I’ve found the reason for the behavior. It’s the decimal separator and the symbol for grouping numbers. If you have a german version of Windows the standard decimal separator is set to the dot and the symbol for grouping numbers is the comma. If for any reason the decimal separator is set to comma and grouping symbol to dot I assume that when loading a flight plan the coordinates of the waypoints are misinterpreted. The result is that all distances between the waypoints are wrong (and the calculation of the average wind component too).Maybe one solution can be that AS2012 should interpret the ‘global language setting’ instead of the actual setting of the decimal separator because when you create the flight plan that were the settings which were used. Just an idea.RegardsWolfgang

Wolfgang Schroeder