Sign in to follow this  
CrewF16

Tried to fix Skeleton Airplane Lost FSX file

I was following the instructions in the PMDG papers and some of the forums. I went to my FSX folder ( I have navigated aroun here before ) I rt clicked and checked the box on the hidded files so I could find the CFG file. I left the box checked that said all files and folders. When it was done (about two minutes) the whole folder disapeared! It looks like it will still play but I can not find it. I tried a system restore but it did not work. Please help.Thanks,

Sounds like instead of enabling "show hidden files and folders" you hid the fsx folder and its contents.

Click Start. Open the Control Panel. If needed click the arrow next to the words "Control Panel" at the very top so that it will display "All Control Panel Items".Click Folder Options. Click the View tab. Then click the line that says "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".Click Apply then OK and you should be good to go.

Well both of you were correct, thanks. But I still need to fix my skeleton 737. Do I uncheck the box on the folder that say's Read Only? Also I saw somewhere in here that PMDG spelled HIGHMEFIX wrong. Don't want to mess up again.Thanks,

Well both of you were correct, thanks. But I still need to fix my skeleton 737. Do I uncheck the box on the folder that say's Read Only? Also I saw somewhere in here that PMDG spelled HIGHMEFIX wrong. Don't want to mess up again.Thanks,
That was in the initial release, it's fixed now. It wouldn't hurt to uncheck the read-only box. Edited by MrKen

I found my cfg. file by doing a search from the ******* site. I was able to write the data but have not tried it yet. I was going to use the new file from ******* but for some reason I can not get the file. Any experience here? Thanks for your help.

Did you download the new file created by the website? After doing so, go to c:users(your name)appdataroamingmicrosoftfsx and rename the existing file to something like fsx.cfg-old and save/paste the new file into that folder. The location I gave assumes you're using win7, it's a little different for xp/vista.

I could not get it to download at all. Secondly after changing my CFG file per the PMDG instructions I made it 3/4 of the way from Salt lake to Denver and lost the airframe again. I decided to go ahead and land. I did not have a terminal at Salt lake and when I landed at KDEN there was almost nothing. I set it up like they said in the instructions which was not far off from what I had.Thanks,Ron