Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WilloW_737

cfg issue - cannot find opening flight - assistance please

HI;I have a "self made" problem. I was having some problems with auto engine start (CTL +E) so decided to delete my cfg file in FSX. I have backup copy.Now I get the following message followed by abort. A new cfg file is created but I cannot open FSXMessage states; "Flight simulator cannot find the default first flight. Please restore the file or reinstall flight simulator"I have tried the deleting everything after situation = but this does not work.I did change the opening flight sometime back, and deleted this flight from the opening screen in FSX.Any ideas to get me in the air again ? Thank you, Iain

Hi - An update. The issue is more than this. I have a computer issue which I need to look at as FSc is now crashing completely. A reinstall is required.How can I delete this post? Iain

Hi Iain; here's the default flight if you wish.http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52676345/cdx.zipGood luck, and hope you don't have to rebuild, as FSX can be repaired.

Thanks Paul. I've sorted my computer issue, however, FSX does need reloading. It isn't a huge deal as I was only using a base install while I was getting my flight deck put together. I'll reinstall and add the add ons I want to, now that the flight deck portion is going well.It's a good idea to start again once you have other things sorted out.Thanks, Iain