Sign in to follow this  
VPA561

Unable to register

I have over several months used Radar Contact with FSX on my main machine.I am now trying to run RC4 for FSX and FS9 on a networked machine with WideFS.I have all my sharing folders sorted and RC4 installed o.k. but it will not accept my registration code.I have removed RC4 from my FS machine was this correct ? and do i need a new code to register on the networked pc.ThanksSteve

RC licensing is sensitive to the PC it is running on including disk information. You will need a new key.Removing RC from your original host pc was OK.On your client pc if it is VISTA or Win 7 be sure you have started RC with a right click and run as admin. Later you can put that property on its shortcut. If you got to the registration screen it sounds like all of your library modules (dlls, ocxs) are in place. Are you getting any error messages in running the RC registration? What are they. If you have a missing dll or similar message then see the top pinned thread.Does your client machine have Internet access and a mailing program? If not you will have to manually create the message to send in with your product id including any - in the product number. If you are not mailing from your original e-mail address your old and new address needs to be mailed in manually.For automatic registration the outgoing e-mail should look like:To: register@jdtllc.comFrom: Your Name Subject: RCv4 Key Requestnnnnnnnnn ! Firstname ! LastNamennnnnnnnn is the product code preceded by a - if presented in the registration dialog. jdtllc.com must be allowed through all of your spam filters on your pc and ISP. Firstname and LastName is your registered User NameIf you have changed your e-mail address since you first registered RC then send in your old e-mail address and new e-mail address, original username and any change in your e-masil address and include the new product number to jd@jdtllc.com subject user registration update. If it is just a product code change (moving RC or reformatting an HD will change it) then the automatic registration system will allow a few changes to generate a new key. After that you'll have to send in a manual request.Any purchase details would help verify your product ownership.Manual servicing takes longer to get a response. An automatic response takes just a few hours pending any severe weather causing a registration server precautionary shut down.After a successful installation you will need to update FSUIPC, makerwys.exe, and be sure you have the current version of WideFS. Links are at the forum top.On a network on your host machine install makerwys.exe in your FS folder and then run it manually, This will create an r5.csv file in your FSX folder. During the RC installation the scenery rebuild will then use that data. Answer the network prompt with yes and continue after the cautionary message. Do this any time you run the scenery rebuild via RC on a client. Be sure you have the correct network path to your host when prompted both for your host FSX folder and your flt/wxr path. When you start to open a flight plan browse to your host machine Flight Simulator X folder under your host My Documents folder where FSX or other application will store them.This should cover registration and scenery rebuilding issues. Without detailing your specific problem best we can do.Also, when pasting in your new key in the registration dialog be sure no trailing spaces are copied from your registration reply. The cursor should just rest after the last character in the code. Backspace if need be.

Edited by ronzie