I have a client who has a 11 year old son that is starting to get into building aircraft, scenery, etc. While I have quite a bit of experience with flight simulators and using them as a training aid, I have no experience with these matters and would appreciate any help anyone could lend me. The boy has started reading the forums but was looking for more of a mentor or someone he could contact with questions. Thank you very much in advance.

I highly recommend FS Developer as a possible good resource, since several of the active modelers for both aircraft and scenery are themselves both very talented and close to the same age range as your client's son.http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/index.php

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

An interesting group is 'aussiex.org ' , OZx forums , try the following link: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/17-community-scenery-design-workshop/They have produced in excess of 300 freeware airports , their work is of an extremely good standard,and they have some young developers.An important aspect is that their forums are well moderated , and the nasty element are not tolerated, andthat I suspect would be a good learning environment for anyone , especially a young person.CheersKarol

I hadn't thought of aussiex.org as a resource, but for scenery that will be good to keep in mind. The major benefits of FS Developer are two: well moderated and most of the toolmakers (i.e., the folks who wrote the tools used for scenery and advanced aircraft modeling) have their own forums there as well. :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think both will be important in the sort and long term.FS developer is absolutely fantastic , at times the very experienced developers will be discussing and describing procedures that will appear to be over his head , it isextremely important not to be put off , persevere and understanding will follow.It is a learning process , but the sense of satisfaction you get when you start creating your own projects is awesome.Wishing the Lad all the best.Karol