Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Removing the Radar?

Guest BeaverDriver

I'd like to, if possible, comment out the wx radar in the 208 to see if I can pick up some frames. I had heard this was a source of performance issues, even with the radar not on. However, I can't find the reference to it in the panel.cfg file. I'm assuming it's being called by a name other than "wxradar" (or something with radar in it). Does anyone know what the gauge is named?Thanks much.

You cannot comment out the wheather gauge. Your whole plane will disintigrate.You can only make the guage size 1,1 but in this case you cannot decomment the gauge by adding // in front of the gauge.(You can but you will see what I mean)Under VCockpit04 section you need to change this gauge to 1,1 (last two numbers)gauge07=WX_Gauge!WXGauge, 499,120,1,1 See posts herehttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/294210-weather-radar-and-window-control-errors/page__p__1825356__hl__weather__fromsearch__1#entry1825356See post 8 specifically where carenado tell you NOT to decomment/remove the carenado gaugehttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/322143-installing-reality-xp-wx500-radar/page__p__1956807__hl__weather__fromsearch__1#entry1956807

Guest BeaverDriver

Well, I sure don't want my whole plane to disintegrate, so I'll do what you suggest here blum.gif . Thanks very much for this. Much appreciated. I'll give it a go tonight.