Sign in to follow this  
Guest Groundcrew

Lost ATC Voices

Guest Groundcrew

Help. I've lost my voices for ATC. I don't know why. I have engines and instruments, and the text of ATC but no voice. I've tried a reformat and reinstall to no avail, even replaced my soundcard still no voice. Can anyone help me because the only other thing I can think of is a missing DLL or something from Windows which will mean a complete system reformat.Thankshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgSemper en excretum, solo profundum variat!

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,I replied to a similar post a while back. I really don't know if it helped the person as they never replied after my post. But I am going to paste in the same post I gave them...Sorry to hear about that your are having a problem. I can try and get some help started. Hopefully someone else will pick up the baton. I am only going to take a stab at your problem as I am not certain that I will have you poking around in the right place.I believe these voices are contained in a file named 'USEnglishBig.gvp'. That may not be the exact name of the file but I beleive it will at least be similar. Do you have the file X:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SoundUSEnglishBig.gvp ...? If you don't have that file it can be extracted from your FS2004 CD #2 in file named something like 'msgame5.cab'(I forget the exact name of the file). Also, I have an 'ATC' section in my FS9.cfg file.Mine looks like this(there are square brackets around 'ATC' in the actual FS9.cfg file rather than the curly braces I am using below){ATC}AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=0UsePilotVoice=1ShowATCText=1PilotVoice=327681What does the 'ATC' section in your FS9.cfg look like?Hopefully this will get something started in the way of helping to figure out your problem. I am not really sure how to resolve it.Anyway, hope that helps,Jim

HiThe same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago after I installed and removed some video and audio codec - so if you have been tampering with this, then this is probably the explaination.Have you only lost ATC? Check if you are missing sounds for the default Lear jet also. (Sound files for other planes may be working because they use another audio codec).If you have no sounds on the Lear then you are probably missing:IMAADP32.ACMMSADP32.ACMThey are supposed to be in the WINDOWSSystem32Just download and copy the *.acm to WINDOWSSystem32You can easyli find the *.acm files on the internet (sorry I don't have a www adress for them). If you are not able to find them contact me and I will e-mail them to you.Hope this solved your problem !Regards Cedar

Guest allcott

Before you do all that, first check that the ATC has been assigned a `voice` in the sound menu within FS.You don't want to know how I came to suggest this.:-smile12Allcott