Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Autopilot will not track LNAV or HDG

Your YD indicator is "off the scale" Check your rudder calibration...You can also open SYS in the lower DU.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

It's very strange, as it occurs even when there is no crosswind component. I also have this problem with 744 but not the NGX. I don't have AS FSUIPC or REX, just FS weather. I will try it with clear skies and see if it still occurs.

That's a visual change only - the only thing that gets turned off code-wise when you switch between MCPs is the fail operational autoland code. All of our options are designed to be swapable in flight, there's no problem with doing that.I would like to know if anyone can replicate this thread's issue without any weather whatsoever loaded - use the clear skies theme, make sure AS or REX etc are off and not running, and use FSUIPC's "Clear all weather" button. If you can replicate this under those conditions, let me know.
I have completed a flight in the 744 with no weather (clear skies) and can confirm that the issue still occurs. As I stated before, I do not have this issue in the NGX. Edited by cdt996

It's very strange, as it occurs even when there is no crosswind component. I also have this problem with 744 but not the NGX. I don't have AS FSUIPC or REX, just FS weather. I will try it with clear skies and see if it still occurs.
Do NOT guess. Look at the information in front of you. The rudder is off centre and nullifies the aileron command input by the AFS.

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

What about the registry fix from Flight1? I had the same issue with the MD11 once I installed it in FSX but a previous post from Tabs suggested the "Flight1 Registry Fix" available on their website. That did the trick for me.EDIT: Here's the link...hope I don't get banned for this :( http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Edited by adamant365

Do NOT guess. Look at the information in front of you. The rudder is off centre and nullifies the aileron command input by the AFS.
Folks,Just a quick update.I am working this issue through the support ticket system and it looks like this is likely a controller issue. I went into calibrate my Microsoft FFB2 joystick and the rudder will not calibrate. Their are continuous fluctuations in the z axis setting with no input, and the rudder will not zero out at full left. I have ordered a replacement joystick and expect it later this week.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Final Update. Just wanted to let folks know that this problem was definitively fixed by replacing my ten year old Microsoft FFB2 with a new Thrustmaster T.16000 joystick. I would also like to thank Ryan for his help in getting to the correct solution.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I had this issue. My solution was to click "supress turbulence" and "supress gusts" in FSUIPC. It started for me after installing AS2012. Glad yoiu got yours resolved.

Richie Walsh