Sign in to follow this  
DragonNGX

Fatal Error

I was on final to JFK switching from VC to Locked Spot. Then my FSX crashed and got the fatal error message this was the error report.Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: Qw757_TCAS.GAU, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4ba26807Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000087d7Faulting process id: 0xce4Faulting application start time: 0x01ccf4ac6e24a8ccFaulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Qw757_TCAS.GAUReport Id: 13713a3e-60b4-11e1-aefd-e89a8f3d5418Next flight I took the exact same thing happened, but this time with the NGX. It was the exact same stage in the approach. Switching from the VC to Exterior.Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4d580618Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000087d7Faulting process id: 0x12f0Faulting application start time: 0x01ccf4c65b69d369Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX_3.DLLReport Id: f9c758f4-60c9-11e1-9241-e89a8f3d5418Whats going on?I have the uiautomationcore.dll

Guest jahman

Make sure you have Windows Update enabled so you get the latest MSVC and .NET Runtimes.In the first CTD, the TCAS Gauge ("Qw757_TCAS.GAU") appears to be the cause. There is a similar bug with the PMDG 744 here (the section "CTD: Missing TCAS2V7.dll" applies). Is there an aircraft update you can apply?The second CTD is also due to a gauge ("PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL"). Are you running SP1b (here)?Cheers,- jahman.

I'm running FSX Acceleration on a Windows 7 machine. I have recently re-done Keflavik airport for fun (created a new AFCAD for it). It was working well for some time, but then out of the blue FSX started crashing whenever I would load a flight from Keflavik airport, or get anywhere near it in general (if I fly over Iceland). Any ideas why this may be?I have already tried fixing the UIautomationcore.dll, but it doesn't change anything...Any ideas why this could be happening?

Guest firehawk44
Any ideas why this could be happening?
Have you tried renaming the new AFCAD for Keflavik you created and see if this fixes the problem? If no crash, then you know it's most likely a corrupted AFCAD.You should have made a new post instead of hijacking this thread as the crashes are not related. Not a big thing though and we can still help. Just makes it easier for others if they are searching for a similar problem. If renaming the new AFCAD or moving it to a Temp directory does not help, then you should post any error details in your Event Viewer for the date and time each crash occurred. This info usually provides exactly what caused the crash. If you're not familiar with the Event Viewer, click on the Start button and type Event Viewer in the search bar then look up in the Menu and click on Event Viewer. Look in the Custom ViewsAdministrative Events.Best regards,Jim

Thanks for the advice. However, the program still crashes both with and without the AFCAD. In both cases the error details are the same.Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: sim1.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb59Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0007af74Faulting process id: 0x6a8Faulting application start time: 0x01cd0d2edcd166e0Faulting application path: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xfsx.exeFaulting module path: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xsim1.dllReport Id: 53dd5b40-79db-11e1-80e2-f80f41041e1dHere's some more thorough information as well:Fault bucket , type 0Event Name: APPCRASHResponse: Not availableCab Id: 0Problem signature:P1: fsx.exeP2: 10.0.61637.0P3: 46fadb14P4: sim1.dllP5: 10.0.61637.0P6: 46fadb59P7: c0000005P8: 0007af74P9: P10: Attached files:C:UsersDKAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXfsx.CFG.txtC:UsersDKAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXdxdiag.txtC:UsersDKAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXscenery.cfgC:UsersDKAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXfdr.datC:UsersDKAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXdll.xmlC:UsersDKAppDataLocalTempWER99C9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xmlThese files may be available here:C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsWERReportArchiveAppCrash_fsx.exe_5b1189e8dcaee804cc91a1951f63c7b917c89c_68ffa55dAnalysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0Report Id: 53dd5b40-79db-11e1-80e2-f80f41041e1dReport Status: 1

Guest firehawk44
the program still crashes both with and without the AFCAD. In both cases the error details are the same.
You have the dreaded sim1.dll CTD. There is no known solution that fixes this crash for everyone so you have to do some investigating. Some of my research on this indicates maybe a bad texture for an aircraft or scenery caused it. Did you recently install a new aircraft or scenery? If so, you might try disabling or uninstalling that scenery or aircraft and see if that corrects the problem. Exception code: 0xc0000005 indicates a memory access violation when FSX was calling the sim1.dll. This could be caused by stress being placed on your system memory. Maybe your settings are set too high. A lot of times this is fixed by renaming or deleting the FSX.cfg, restarting FSX, and letting the FSX.cfg rebuild. It fixes the problem because rebuilding the FSX.cfg returns your settings to the default. So you can try that. If you rename your fsx.cfg to fsx.old, you can rename it back to fsx.cfg if the rebuilding process did not work. Memory issues cause a lot of problems with FSX so it's worthwhile to investigate. If you have modified any of your memory settings in the BIOS, that may be causing the crashes. Lastly, you can try doing a Google search for sim1.dll crashes in FSX and that will provide you with links to similar crashes experienced by fellow flight simmers throughout the FS community. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim