Sign in to follow this  

COPY of proposed letter to Delta...

Guest BobL

Hey Robb:An observation based solely on what I've seen in this thread but before I do a little background on me. I've spent close to twenty years in a career field working for one of the nations largest defense contractors. My career field is one in which we negotiate contracts--offer and acceptance, give and take-- a little bartering -- a lot of relationship, good will, and customer (in my case - the Navy, in your case - you) good will. Here's my observation. You have a contractual relationship with Delta, you as customer and they as the supplier of a service. You get what you ask for. My observation throughout this post is that you asked for an explanation or ratification of the gate agents' conduct. You got what you asked for. They have an economic interest to protect. If they can make you happy with just an explanation, then it hasn't cost them anything.If you want the agent disciplined...ask for it. If you want a travel perk in compensation...ask for it. If you want your six bucks back...ask for it. What's the worst that can happen? They'll tell you no. Want to know something? For the amount your asking for, they won't challenge it. It's a concept in my business that we call 'choosing our fights'. A very few things warrant telling the customer no. The overwhelming majority don't. I guarantee you...if you ask, you'll get something for your trouble. You were taking pictures, right? Me?? I'd ask for a wagon-load of free, up-close publicity pictures of their entire fleet,....if that's what you want. Just remember, you'll only get one trip to the well. Be sure to ask for exactly what you want. Don't be timid or shy. But not arrogant, rude or impolite either. They are still people and there is no doubt, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. They are offender. Tell them what you want for them to earn your future business. After all, that is what being in the Service industry is all about. Earning your business, day-in, day-out.My $0.02. Hope it helps. Good LuckBobL

"You Can't beat an original" Robb, Bob, has a point at least ask for your money back. If you encounter that employee again Give her a copy of that reponse from Delta. then look at her face and smile. 707_Astrojet