Sign in to follow this  
Speedbird 217

Advise on new HDD and the Search for a Bottleneck

Well, that was quick. Today my new HDD already arrived. Now, before I take the leap, put in the new drive and install a fresh Windows: Is there any advice on how to format the drive? Does it make sense to use partitions or should I just create 1x 1 TB partition?Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Guest Kosta

You are only using one harddrive?

I use the new 1TB for Windows, applications, FSX and other games. In addition I have a 300GB Velociraptor in my system that runs FS9. I'm in the installation screen right now. I think I'll create a 200GB partition for Windows and applications and the rest for FSX and games...

Guest Kosta

It is a bad idea using the same drive for Windows and FSX. But, if it must be, then partitioned.