Sign in to follow this  
Richdre

Surprise

I selected the RV check ride challenge which looked like a routine fly around and land exercise. It started out that way. I really got a kick out of my instructor. Crusty old guy with lots of folksy sayings. After we took off he told me to do anything I wanted to so I was flying just above the treetops. He was quiet for a while and then said "You really like to fly low don't you. I won't spell out what happens near the end because If you haven't done this one yet it would spoil it. Lets just say that things got hairy and scary for a bit. When I finished I had a grin on my face and a great score. Don't know how that happened. Flight continues to amaze and delight me with all of the little things they put in the game.

I selected the RV check ride challenge which looked like a routine fly around and land exercise. It started out that way. I really got a kick out of my instructor. Crusty old guy with lots of folksy sayings. After we took off he told me to do anything I wanted to so I was flying just above the treetops. He was quiet for a while and then said "You really like to fly low don't you. I won't spell out what happens near the end because If you haven't done this one yet it would spoil it. Lets just say that things got hairy and scary for a bit. When I finished I had a grin on my face and a great score. Don't know how that happened. Flight continues to amaze and delight me with all of the little things they put in the game.
I am glad you posted this, I did this same challenge earlier today and had very similar thoughts. It was neat how he would provide feedback based on what you did with the aircraft - I had a smile on my face at the end as well, it was truly a lot of fun.