Hi Everyone,

I recently returned to FSX after a long break from simming and decided to buy some new flightcontrols too.

I got myself the saitek yoke and throttle quadrant with one additional quadrant and tried to assign the controls through FSUIPC

that all worked fine except the for the fact that FSX seems to override FSUIPC when it comes to axis control. I've read that I should manually remove

the entries in the standard.xml file as deleting them in FSX only works until the next start up of FSX as it restores the settings again.

The problem I have is that I scanned the entire standard.xml (the one in the appdata folder) for any saitek entries but there aren't any entries for saitek. I only see

the keyboard and mouse entries. As long as I cant locate where FSX gets these default entries for my controllers from I can't remove them either, this got me really puzzled..

Am I doing something wrong or overlooking anything? :Thinking:

Thanks!

The XML (standard.XML) should be at %Appdata%/Microsoft/FSX/Controls folder. Sometimes, when You are deleting axis and keys via FSX's GUI, some of them are not saved (in my case this is Button10 for every controller). The solution is to close FSX, let it save new controls.xml and edit the file once again via GUI. Upon second exit from simulator, You should be OK.

Hi Bart,

Thanks for your reply, I did as you said but the problem is that FSX doesnt save anything in the xml file in appdata...FSX/Controls. While there should be entries of my Saitek yoke, quadrant and CH pedals, there are just the keyboard and the mouse entries in there. Yet when i start FSX it does recognize my controllers and assigns the axis and buttons, I delete them inside FSX and then exit. I tried that over a hundred times now but still no sign of my controllers in the standard.xml..

Im really confused now because I have no idea what I'm doing wrong :sad:

I recall similar symptoms back in the day...

There were two reasons:

one was 'read only' attribute for the XML file. Please try if it is possible to edit the file.

The second one - every time FSX crash, it does not change anything in fsx.cfg, standard.xml and other in-sim editable files.

Do You have UAC disabled?

Hi Bart,

My problem is solved now! I was so frustrated with my controllers not showing up in the standard.xml file that i just decided to delete the file and see what happens.

Turns out that FSX just creates a new one and in the new one all of a sudden they did show up. I manually deleted all key assignments from the .xml file now and let FSUIPC control my assignments and all is working like a charm.

Thanks for your effort, it was much appreciated! :good: