Sign in to follow this  
vector

Turbulence question/problem

I don't use any weather addons like REX or Active Sky. I just use the weather feature as supplied by FS9.

When I set up a weather scenario I make sure that there is no turbulence or gusts for any of the cloud layers. Also, I have set FSUIPC to ignore turbulence and gusts. However, every time I fly then at some point when I am in clouds I will experience turbulence.

Can anybody offer me some advice or reasons why this should happen and what I should do to stop this turbulence?

Many thanks in advance.

David

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but my advice would be to fly with realistic real world weather. However if you really want clear skies try tweaking the settings on user customizable weather and make sure it's all on clear

I don't use any weather addons like REX or Active Sky. I just use the weather feature as supplied by FS9.

When I set up a weather scenario I make sure that there is no turbulence or gusts for any of the cloud layers. Also, I have set FSUIPC to ignore turbulence and gusts. However, every time I fly then at some point when I am in clouds I will experience turbulence.

Can anybody offer me some advice or reasons why this should happen and what I should do to stop this turbulence?

Many thanks in advance.

David

I Personally Like To Have Turbulence And Real World Weather but Thats My Opinion... If You Are Familiar With The FS9.CFG You Can Edit The Weather As Seen In This Video But Bear In That This Is To Increase The Turbulence And Gust So You Might Want To Do The Opposite And Tweak It To Your Liking... Also Remember To Make A Back Up Of Your FS9.CFG.....

Many thanks for your replies.

Jordan 1995 - you're not being rude at all. I don't need the complexity of something like Active Sky. I get the latest METAR and TAF I need from the web and then input it into FS9 directly. That keeps me quite happy :Straight Face:

David

Nothing complex about it at all, simply download some free software like fsmetar and it will do it for you.

If you want to get rid of turbulence then look for the line below in your fs9.cfg and change it to zero.

TurbulenceScale=2.000000

Rob Prest