Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

i7 2600K Use Turbo Boost or not?

Hi guys, this has been a question I've wondered about for some time now. I have my desktop OC'd at 4.5Ghz but I have turbo boost off so it always stays at 4.5 even when I'm just surfing the web or something like that. I used to use turb boost so it idled when I wouldn't be flying but then somebody said I should always have turbo off because it can harm the cpu or something. What do you all think? Should I enable it? I always think it would make the life of the CPU increase because it isn't always going to be at a high clock speed.

Thank you

Hello

Enable it, your CPU will thank you and FSX will always make the CPU run at MAX speed.

I am surprised that such a renowned hardware Guru such as the guy at FSGS left your machine running 24/7 @ 1.48 volts and no turboboost :Thinking:

Yes me too, when he told me to disable it I always wondered why. Hopefully its not too late and my system will still last a long time.

You will need to use dynamic Vcore. It has nothing to do with the turbo