Sign in to follow this  
SkyGent

First ever Repaints

Hoping to ride along the economic boom in Angola I have created Blue Horizon Air Cargo in Air Hauler to serve FNLU, as well as short/medium haul routes in the Congos and Gabon. I began with one Caravan and have just today leased my first addition to the fleet, a lovely Premair Do-228. These two repaints are the first I have ever attempted (at least without crying and quitting halfway through) let me know what you think!

9H1781FNLU.jpg

The bird that started it all. Our primary base is on the desolate airfield at Cabinda (FNCA).. the company has minimal hangar space (need to figure out ADE to customize my FBO) so this one has spent some time sitting out in the African sun. Quite a workhorse shes been though.

9H1812Flight-1.jpg

I cant believe this one is freeware. Great fun to fly. This picture is of only this bird's second flight with the company, having just left FZAM, a dirt strip in the Congo perched on a cliff. The approach into FZAM was a blast especially because I got terrible vectors and didnt see it until I was 3 miles out.

9H1812FNLU.jpg

Same flight, safely arrived at Luanda (FNLU). Here I was feeling high and mighty because I had escaped the tyranny of the single engine and upgraded to a turboprop, only to have to taxi past that Angolan Airlines 777. I originally planned on expanding into FNLU but the costs are outrageous compared to nearby Brazzaville which is also equipped with a 10k rwy and ILS so I think I will be moving more in the Congo direction.