Sign in to follow this  
Guest MD88

Vans aircraft company

Guest MD88

Hello all.I purchased a couple days ago the Vans Aircraft MD88 online. Happily, my credit card was charged the $20 for the model and added liveries.As of today, I still haven't heard a peep from them about where to go and download. I've sent them three messages and that's pretty much been useless.Any else here have the same experience or better?Thanks.Greg

Guest AV8TOR

I ordered mine a couple of minutes ago, and I haven't received a confirmation.

Guest MD88

Yeah, it's been one week tomorrow and still not a peep. What way is this to run a business?I've sent 4 emails and none of them have been answered. Geez. Customer service with Vans? What a joke.Anyways, glad it was only $20. They charge your credit card right away though. However, looks like I'm going to have to stop payment on non-deliverables item.No way would I ever do business with these guys again.Greg

A word of warning, by the way - if you do request a chargeback on your card, and later get a link to download the product (whch is quite possible if they're just disorganized and not actually ripping you off), do NOT download it until you are *certain* that your credit card payment has been re-instated or you have been re-charged. To do so could be considered as "theft by deception" if the seller gets ticked and chooses to play hardball.Richard

Guest MD88

Thanks for your advice.I don't think they're ripping me off. Or "trying" to intentionally. I can't figure out why they haven't responded to my emails though. I bought the very first version a few years back for FS2002. When I purchased then, I got a link in a matter of minutes. I had no problems at all with that purchase. I liked the MD88 so much that I wanted the one for FS2004 (the FS2002 one has visual problems with the front door in FS2004). And for the price, IMHO it's a good deal. However, taking one's money and then no response after a week is totally unacceptable. And it's a download not a FedEx shipment!!!Anyways, from my previous experience with them I trusted them this second time. I don't see any other way of contacting them other than via email.What a bummer. Very nice aircraft but no way of getting it!>A word of warning, by the way - if you do request a>chargeback on your card, and later get a link to download the>product (whch is quite possible if they're just disorganized>and not actually ripping you off), do NOT download it until>you are *certain* that your credit card payment has been>re-instated or you have been re-charged.

Guest AV8TOR

Have you tried posting at their forum? I have tried, but no one has responded yet, and I am getting very angry

Guest panda234

I've dealt with them a couple of times and they've always been prompt and helpful. Most of these companies don't have a "customer service" department, it's just 1 or 2 guys that try and answer emails and help out in their off regular business hours. Admitted, a week is getting a bit much, but that someone is on holidays or away on business or who knows. I'd give it a day or 2 more, it is a pretty good aircraft for the money....billg

Guest MD88

> Admitted, a week is getting a bit much, but that>someone is on holidays or away on business or who knows. I'd>give it a day or 2 more, it is a pretty good aircraft for the>money....I think it would be very helpful that if it's going to take several days (or a week or more) to get the link, it should be noted on the website. Holiday or not, ran by 1 or 2 guys, it's a business nonetheless. Business is business. A website change with a note only takes a couple of minutes. Not to post this and/or not to answer several emails encourages customer frustration and misunderstanding. I would say a company loses customers due to this -even if it is a honest business.The aircraft I bought a couple years ago was fantastic. Given that and the instant link I got via email that time is what brought me back. If I get the link this time, I have to say I'd be hesitant to buy the next version.

Hi Greg,I purchased the MD82/83 series when it was first released and had no problems with the process of getting my download information. It is true, however, that they are sometimes slow to respond to posts and emails. When I have sent emails, I think they have all been responded to within two weeks. This would be my only real gripe with Vans, as their MD80 has been the best model that I have found.

Guest meyrowings

Hi Greg,I've done business with them twice now and had no problems. First time (MD-80/81/82/83), the download code came delayed after one day and the supporters were very helpful.Second time (MD-87/88/90) even faster, just a matter of an hour or so.Downloaded them all quick on first try and am a happy customer...Since they are located in Mexico(?), maybe they just have some kind of mail server outage?Torsten

Guest danowat

Hmmm, never heard of these guys before, $15 for just a model?, is it good?.What are you guys using for a panel?.CheersDan.