Has anyone on this forum ever replaced the aileron (roll) Pot on a Saab (COLUMN) yoke. I believe it is different in design than the desktop model and looks like it's a lot more complicated to replace it. I took Word Not Allowed's advise and emailed PFC and they replied back with the following:

"Hello! Because the potentiometers used on the column yoke are sealed the cleaner may not help the problem. You may try to spray some on it anyway to see if you get results.

The potentiometer for the aileron is located on the opposite side of the yoke. You can access this be removing the dome cover of the column or if you need more space, you can remove the back half of the column. For the elevator, you will need to remove the pedestal cover screw as shown on the picture to access it .

The potentiometers that we use are usually not available at radio shack, you can try to find a suitable replacement if preferred. The potentiometer is a 10K ohm wire wound each is $25.00, $35.00 if you would like to purchase the gears as well."

Well, I took the dome cover off and the pot is at the top, but I'm not sure as to what I have to do in order to remove the pot and it's associated teflon gear. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

jen noulet

Well, I took the dome cover off and the pot is at the top, but I'm not sure as to what I have to do in order to remove the pot and it's associated teflon gear. Any help would be appreciated.

OK, I can see here that PFC did a neat reply to you.

From your reply here, I understand you don't technically understand how to remove the pot? Do you have a suitable replacement? Because I see it like this: buy a pot from them, and expect full support in replacing it, or buy a pot on your own, have an understanding of technical side of the yoke and replace it yourself (possibly having some help from them on how to remove the old pot)

Well said Word Not Allowed.....I checked the source of the 10k ohm pot and they charge $ 7.00 USD for it. So, for an additional $ 18.00 plus shipping of who knows what, they will/can walk you through the process. I'm still waiting for their (PFC) phone call which I made about 10 hours ago. I'm surprised that there is no one on this hdwre forum who has taken the jump into dismantiling the aileron pot on this forum. Maybe, in time, someone will come forward with a schimatic of how to remove this potentiameter.

Regards again,

jen

You get what you pay for. Besides, how old is your yoke? After all these years, it's like a car, or any other equipment. Nothing lasts forever. I think their prices are completely fair and their support is great when it comes to such things.

Man, I dismantled half of my yoke. It's really not all that difficult. Though I don't have a column yoke... there must be some screws or something.

AH....Word Not Allowed, I just received some instructions on how to disassemble the pot from the column yoke from PFC. I should be good to go from here. Thanks again for your thoughts and support.

Regards,

jen

P.S.....My yoke is a little over a year old, but I fly everyday. Getting ready for my next real sim. ng instruction. :Nail Biting: