hello

i notice im my last 3-4 flts, when i load FP an USE VATSIM WX, when i arrive to my destination the actual wx is not updates , it actually the one that was when i depart from origine for example:

i flew today LKPR-LOWW when i depart LKPR, winds in LOWW was 140 @8, when i was on rwy final LOWW, wind was still 140@8 although metar report shows 160@8.

when i was on LOWW stand i tried remove V from vatsim WX chkbox and the WX updated on FSX to the currect one.

any idea?

will it be ok without VATSIM weather?

thanks

There is a facility in AS to lock departure & destination weather to that applying when you load your flightplan. It's called Force ATC Wind Lock and it's on the WX Options General tab.

I expect you have it switched on.

It isn't perfect but the idea is to overcome the problems with FSX ATC, whereby you can find yourself having a change of departure runway AFTER you've set your FMS and often with other aircraft still taking off from the other end. On arrival, you can't find out from FSX which is the active runway until it's far too late to plan your approach.

If you are using online ATC, you should probably switch this off.

If you are using FSX ATC you can try switching it off but you'll probably end up with a different set of problems.

ngxu_banner.png

thanks, but actually this option was always off for me , any other ideas?

thanks

No idea in that case, sorry, but I doubt it's anything to do with VATSim weather.

I should raise a ticket on the official system and perhaps report back here when you have an answer so we can all benefit from what you find out?

ngxu_banner.png

meanwhile i test this , made few flight without insert FP, only run ASE and stert FLT, no VATSIM WX (which it doesnt metter it was the ssame), the destination WX was 100% accurate when i arrive.