Sign in to follow this  
cthiggin

PMDG 737-NGX Users - ILS Question

I ported over the NGX through your help and all is well.

One observation I have made is: I fly IFR flights with the NGX and use the ILS approach. When ATC assigns me a landing runway, I input the Course and Nav1 assigned for that runway.

What is happening to me is that once ATC tells me so...and..so on localiser, (I am below glideslope which is active) I press APR on the AP, and immediately the course goes up or down by two digits and

I will not capture the ILS approach. The PMDG does not do this in FSX. I have tried turning off APR, then AP, reset Course, turn AP back on, then press APR, and immediately the Course changes.

I went to the PMDG 737-NGX forums and posted. I was told that in the FMC under simulation, you can turn on/off - USE FSX Course - Mine was turned on.

Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong? My thoughts is that if the FMC simulation tab says FSX......, then it's not reading the P3D courses/navs.

I only use (for now) the FMC to save panel states, open doors etc. - at this point, I'm not programming a flight into FMC.

Thanks so much and have a blessed day. cthiggin

Hello folks,

I found a resolution for the above problem on the PMDG-XGX forums. It appears as default in your FMC under "Simulation" that "YES" is checked for the "NGX" to use FSX course & Nav1 for the ILS Approach.

I checked the P3D ILS Course and Nav1 for a particular airport KATL, and lo and behold, the P3D info is "different" than in FSX, plus there were some errors in P3D Flight Planner as having several runways with the

same Nav1 & Course..............WELL, the fix for the 737NGX is to turn OFF that feature in FMC. Worked like a charm and could do the ILS approaches fine. (NOTE: I am "learning" the NGX, so I am not using the

FMC to program the entire flight.

cthiggin