Sign in to follow this  
arzach900

XPlane10 flight saving

Hi, I am a newcomer in the Xplane world. I have XPlane 10 and after a short period of trial I started to fly online as I did with FS9 and FSX. Some time happen that during the flight the PC crash. With FSX or FS9 in this case there is no problem, you only have to restart fs and load the situation saved automatically by Autosave before the crash and you can continue the flight online without problems and without loose the flight in case you are performing a VA company flight.

Is there something similar in XPlane? I mean a sort of Autosave that allow you to restart a flight after a system crash?

The only time I've experienced an XP10 crash, upon restart, you were back at the airport you last started XP10 from.

The good news is that the last XP10 crash for me was quite a few Beta revisions ago. I haven't seen XP10 crash since then.

However if you manually shutdown and restart XP10, you'll find yourself at the default starting position of the airport nearest to you last time you were in XP10. If you shutdown at a general aviation ramp, you would probably restart at a Commercial gate (with an AI plane right on top of you). If you shutdown midflight, you'd startup at the nearest airport to your midflight location (regardless of its suitability for your plane). If you load up a new plane, it moves you to the default ramp position.

I hate this, and despite my requests for X-Plane to remember "last known position, velocity & orientation", Austin couldn't fathom why anyone would want this as an option (as per an email last January).

thank you for you reply. Reading you post I though about the fact that after last upgrade my xplane10 didn't crash. I didn't know that in case i shoutdown at midflight then xplane place the aircraft at the nearest airport at next startup.