Sign in to follow this  
VBHB

Hey just had the NGX/FSX Crash on me - apphangb1 error

I was flying a NZCH to YBBN flight and after T/A (transition altitude of 13000) I've gone away from the computer and done other things.

Anyways I've come back after three hours and I was about 17000ft above the glide path for descent as calculated by the FMS so I start playing around in it setting up the STAR and the runway as per the ATIS info. I got. I've confirmed it all and I was still way above the programmed descent path so I decided to fly via the heading select button to extend my glide which turned off the LNAV. My actual heading didn't change but the aircraft started a turn to the right then it froze.

Never happened to me before.

I run win7 64 bit home and had VAFS 5, ASE 2012, Vatspy, Google plus that had 3 tabs open and Windows media running at the time of descent. The error was specific to fsx.exe "apphangb1" error.

FYI

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

I think that error means one of the programs hung it up.. IE: app hang..

You would probably have to look at the event viewer or whatever to see what

hung it up.. To me, that's a lot to be running at one time.. I don't see how you

keep from running out of memory with the NGX and all that other stuff going.

That *might* have been what happened.. But I don't know how long you have

run all that with no problems.