Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Voice Communicating Using Headphones in Multiplayer, Is this Possible?

Hi all,

My brother and I like to fly in multiplayer on the weekends. We use radios to communicate with each other and I was wondering if FS9 supports voice communications and if it's possible to use headphones with mics to communicate. This would be more realistic and I wouldn't have to change the batteries every 3 weeks or so. To communicate, I assume you press the TAB key to key up the mic. Is that correct? We tried this in FSX but neither one of us could hear the other talking. We have our mic jacks plugged into our computers but do we also need to plug in the headphone jack? I'm thinking that if we do that, this will cut the computer speakers off and we want the audio to come out through the computer speakers.

Ken.

Hi,

Does anyone know if FS9 Supports Voice Communications where one can use headphones and a mic to communicate?

Kenneth Manning

Hello,

You could use Teamspeak http://teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3

Roger Wilco http://download.cnet...50_4-48440.html

or Windows Messenger for voice when flying. They are all free.

If you headset is usb you will be able to select it separately and the sim sound will still come from the speakers.

If your mic and headphones plugs into the sound card you will probably need two cards to keep them separate.

Bill