Sign in to follow this  
bus320

Tileproxy or Fs Earth Files

Dear Simmers,

Would someone be so kind to give me some advice with regards to photo real scenery. Is there anyone that is using Fs earth files? Does tile proxy covers all europe and if so from where can I buy it? Is there any real good tutorial on how to create fs9 scenery.

I am really desperate to have my fs9 scenery looking as real as it gets :) ( Mostly Malta - as I live here and it would be great if I can fly vfr :P)

I look forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Bus320

Hi,

I have used Tile Proxy and now I am using FS Earth Tiles for a region in North Italy. The major differences : Tile Proxy loads the scenery on the fly, so you need a fast web connection, else you have a major lag in loading the "pictures". On the other hand FS Earth Tiles allows you to download areas you are specifying to use as a photoreal scenery. The program allows you to generate night and winter visions of the downloaded summer and day scenery (but I didn't use it, so I can give you no comments on the quality and result of these "conversions"). You need a lot of disk space for creating the scenery and patience for downloading the area but afterwards you will have faster loading times., Fs Earth Tiles also makes corrections regarding the coordinate specifications used in FS, An interesting read is this forum : http://www.fspasseng...9&i=6835&t=6835

Sight on the Seceda, Sella massive, Langkofel and Platkofel, Val Gardena

Rgds,

Hugo

Dear Hugo,

Thanks a lot for this wealth of information. Well basically I only wish to be able to create a real photo scenery of Malta (LMML). It's a small island, however i think it will take me some time to get used to it. Is it possible maybe you could be so kind to help me? Also with regards to night textures, is it still possible with Fs earth files? I'm asking this question as I used to have the VFR scenery for UK but unfortunately at night the scenery wasn't meant to be with lights etc etc.

Thanks a million

BUS320

Dear Hugo,

Unfortunately I didn't manage to configure the .ini file, so i think I have to quit. I'm not very good in scenery development and stuff :( If you have an idea on how to help me I will appreciate that.

Thanks

BUS320