I am new to ASE (not 2012) and I am having a hard time with getting the settings right. I use Radar Contact and have read alot of posts about using ASE with RC4 but dont see any definitive info. The other issue I am seeing is that what ASE is seeing for surface winds and speed almost never match what FSX is seeing when I hit shift z. Can someone please give me some setting advice in ASE? I use RC4 and UT2 if that makes any difference in what settings I should use. Thanks in advance for your help as this is driving me nuts!!!.

Jim

Jim Wenham

Well... after spending hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and searching for posts about my problem I now understand my problem... at least with ASE...LOL !!! 2 things I didnt know and or was not doing. The big thing was how FSX uses MAGNETIC HEADING for the wind and ASE uses TRUE HEADING. This made a huge difference with my arrival planning as the difference between the 2 could be enough to make me use another runway to land. I found old posts about this very problem/misunderstanding and now I can more accurately plan my arrival. The other big thing was that I was not resetting my UT2 traffic after loading up a flight. Many time I was seeing AI TO on the wrong runway and this is why. So.. between those two things I now can get back to flying and stop fighting this problem I was having.

Jim Wenham