Sign in to follow this  
FSX1234

RE: Navigation Display White Line Moving Left To Right

Hi i seem to be having this small problem. When i takeoff and there is little or no wind the white needle is moving from left to right on the navigation display sometimes suddenly and sometimes just a little bit. I have active sky 2012 and FSUIPC unregistered version i am not sure whats happeing.

Kind Regards Chris

'Needle' is a little vauge...are you talking about the Wind Vector indication at the top left of the ND or the series of white lines that extend forwards away from the white triangle that represents the aircraft position, bottom centre of the ND in Normal Map Mode?

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Hi Steve its one white line which goes vertical from the aircraft's position it is swaying from left to right when there is little or no wind. Sorry if im not making it clear.

Chris

Ahhh...I edited my original reply as I thought you may have been referring to one of a couple of different things.

What you are seeing is the Position Trend Vector & it is perfectly normal behaviour.

It predicts the aircraft position at the end of 30, 60, and 90 second intervals.

Each segment represents 30 seconds & is based on instantaneous bank angle and ground speed predicted out to 30, 60 & 90 second intervals.

The selected ND range determines the number of segments displayed.

e.g. :

> 20 NM, 3 segments

= 20 NM, 2 segments

< = 10 NM, 1 segment

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Ok thanks for that it just seems to move more violently than other videos i have watched the wind is only 142 at 40 knots and it is really swayin my heading is 333.

Thanks Chris