Hi there,

I'm currently running FSX from an ASUS P67 Sabertooth m/board and was womdering if you think I'd get better sound/audio output if I install a dedicated sound card. Ive done several searches and read many post on the subject of sound, but alas there appears to be many conflicting reports.

So I was wondering if any of you guys had actually installed dedicated sound cards for FSX and what your opinions are before I purchase.

Many Thanks for your support and guidance.

John.

p.s .........my specs are Windows 7/64bit, Sabertooth P67 m/b, i7 2600k chipset, 8mb vengence ram, Nvidia GTX590, Corsair AX 1200 p/s, water cooled.

What you get from your sound set-up will depend to a large extent on what you do with the output from your on-board sound or add-in sound card.

In other words, you should consider running the output signal through an external amplifier and some proper hi-fi speakers, rather than just using the typical computer speaker installation.

For my FSX set-up I use an add-in Creative PCI soundcard feeding two external amplifiers (one of them stereo to a pair of hi-fi speakers at the front & the other dedicated to a sub-woofer) and a pair of high-end self-amplified Apple PC speakers at the rear. The 'spacial' aspects of the sound are controlled by the Creative card, the external amplifiers and high-end speakers allowing me to provide the sound levels that I desire without any distortion - including 'feeling' the output from the sub-woofer.

Hi There

Thanks for the info, I think I'll probably do the same and out-put from the card to an External Amp, just to see what improvement (if any) I get before spending money on a dedicated sound card.

Thanks again for the reply

Hi There

Thanks for the info, I think I'll probably do the same and out-put from the card to an External Amp, just to see what improvement (if any) I get before spending money on a dedicated sound card.

Thanks again for the reply

If you can use the digital output from the motherboard you should be happy.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.