Sign in to follow this  
Mariano

Hardware question.

Hello everyone,

Quick question; I am running PMDG MD-11 (FSX) on a Windows 7 computer. In 2D panel, I am getting between 16-20 FPS taxiing around EDDF (with WoAI traffic.) Will I be getting about the same FPS with the 777, or is the 777 a lot more hardware-intensive?

I am unable to invest in a new system at the moment.

Thank you in advance,

Mariano

I believe there will be no main 2-D Panel like previous releases but will be pop up 2D panels like FMC. It's better to play around with settings in the VC. I don't know why but I got better FPS in the NGX than the 744 VC and Level-D 767, not sure why but I guess they've improved stuff since. I believe Ryan said it's not as cluttered as the NGX so if anything we should gain FPS. Traffic addons always dropped my FPS by as much as 10. I fly on Vatsim so the only traffic I have is the standard you get when installing Squawk Box. Try playing around with your settings more if you haven't already.

Luke,

Thanks for the quick reply. Do I understand that there will NOT be a 2D cockpit whatsoever? In that case then, will I be able to pop up one PFD, one ND, Upper EICAS and the MCP, arrange them accordingly around the screen while NOT in VC and fly like that simulating a 2D panel like in older releases? (remeber PSS 777 2D panel?)

I am not keen on VCs; the MD-11 2D panels were just perfet for me.

Thanks again,

Mariano.

Luke,

Thanks for the quick reply. Do I understand that there will NOT be a 2D cockpit whatsoever? In that case then, will I be able to pop up one PFD, one ND, Upper EICAS and the MCP, arrange them accordingly around the screen while NOT in VC and fly like that simulating a 2D panel like in older releases? (remeber PSS 777 2D panel?)

I am not keen on VCs; the MD-11 2D panels were just perfet for me.

Thanks again,

Mariano.

Yeah I believe they will be carrying on to have 2-D MCP's etc (don't quote me) but you'd need to use VC for Overhead as I believe Rob said no 2-D Overhead.