Sign in to follow this  
brucek

739 NGX WL and FSDT KORD gate C12

Just flown into KORD in the 739 NGX WL (in UA colors, actually this replicated a flight I did recently, to the same gate at KORD, although it was a -900ER model in RL)), and used gate C12. This may be more of a question for the FS Dreamteam forum, however I thought I would try here first. I have the FSDT KORD, also use GSX from them as well. When parking at C12 (which works with the -900ER in RL), and invoking the GSX ground services, i get a GSX error "This parking is too small for your aircraft, ground services are not available".

I used the Flight 1 AFX to see what the gate radius is in the FSDT KORD (C12), it shows 78.74 feet. I'm not sure how that correlates to any data in the NGX aircraft.cfg file, if at all. I did read somewhere that FSDT deliberately make their gates "GA" classifications to get around another issue (which I now forget :) ).

Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks for any help, Bruce.

Hey Bruce, GSX recently had an update so now you can modify any gate your plane is parked at. Just start at the gate you want and bring up the GSX options, it will be in there. Hope this helps

-Travis

Hi Travis,

Thanks, much appreciated. I will try this tomorrow and get back with the results...

Thanks for the help, Bruce.

Just in case someone else has this question:

As Travis indicated, and also further found on the FSDT forums, if the issue presents itself that GSX indicates that the gate is too small for services, simply go to the active runway, invoke GSX and select whichever terminal at the airport you want, then select a gate that doesn't indicate it is too small, then you can use the "warp me" feature to "warp" to the gate. Works well.

All gates at FSDT airports are "GA" to prevent default vehicles and services from being there, which otherwise would be running concurrently with GSX services.

Thanks to davis here for the initial lead on this.

Thanks, Bruce.