Sign in to follow this  
Cactus521

Soarin' Over California

For fans of simulators who are in or around SoCal:I recently was in SoCal, and dropped by Disney's California Adventure park. Never a fan of simulator rides (I've felt that in most, the movement never jived with what you are seeing), I gave this one a try after my wife took a couple hours break from our toddler, leaving me in the hotel room entertaining our toddler, while she braved the park on our own. She gave the attraction rave reviews, and said I'd like it (she knows my simming habits).I have to agree--the ride is worth a visit to the park alone. Disney uses sight, sound, touch, movement, and smell to simulate flight better than anything I've ever seen. The attraction is synched to an IMAX theater.I had seen commercials for this, and always felt it looked a bit cheesy... But the commercials simply don't do it justice.There is always a long wait for the attraction, but the day we went a record 4 inches of rain had fallen, leaving the parks empty as can be. I was able to walk right in, as was my wife.Anyway, if you're a diehard simmer, don't miss this one!-John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!