Sign in to follow this  
andysmokey

FSX CTD - ntdll.dll

Hi Tom

Still not finding the FSX.cfg file (WIN7)

Andy

Noticed a strange thing last night while sitting on the taxiway at an airport.

I saw what I thought were rabbits moving across the taxiways. The seemed to move at a fairly constant speed and in straight lines!

It then dawned on me that they were the wheels of AI aircraft. Anyone come across this and more important how to correct it?

regards

Andy

Guest firehawk44

The fsx.cfg is located in a hidden folder so you have to open up Windows Explorer and, in the Menu, click on Tools>Folder Options. Once open, click on the View tab and, under Advanced Settings/Files and Folders, click on Hidden files and folders and click on Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

The fsx.cfg will then be located in C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.

Never seen the wheels of AI aircraft moving at a fairly constant speed in straight lines. Go into the FSX settings and under the AI Tab, reduce the amount of AI to about 35-40%. Do you have a commercial or freeware AI program installed like MyTrafficX? Or do you still have the default?

One more possible solution for your crash(es) is to change your virtual memory settings to System Managed Size. This has worked for many. Click on the Start button and in the search bar type Virtual Memory then look up in the menu and click on How to change virtual memory settings.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks again Jim

I will track down that file after finishing downloading DCS World and associated modules. I only have a slow basic BB connection take hours!!

I am using Just Flight Traffic X, Military & Civil.

Will try to change settings later.

Things are definitely better thanks to your assistance.

The other strange one I had last night was when flying the 707 I got multipul views on one window, this hasn't happened again.

How do I add photos to a post?

Back to DCS after a curry!

Andy

Guest firehawk44

I got multipul views on one window

Indicates to me you're really having issues rendering. Your system is close to crashing. My virtual memory suggestion above might fix that. This happens to me too when my fps fall dramatically and the sim seems to be struggling to render another scene. You will probably have to lower your fsx.settings more too until you can get your system stable. I use http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/ for posting any photos. It's free. You don't even need to register. Just hit the browse button to look for the photo you want to post here. Once selected, click on Upload and the site will give you a link that you can paste in your post. Click the link for forums and copy it then paste it into this forum.

Best regards,

Jim