Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SBlauw

Aircraft don't show up + add-on menu items missing

Hi all,

This is the strangest problem in FSX I've ever came across, and I don't have a clue what might have caused it. In my screenshots you can see that only a few aircraft are showing up in the aircraft selection dialog. PMDG only shows it defaults liveries, and even default FSX aircraft are missing. I've checked the aircraft.cfg files, but nothing has changed in there, numbering is still correct.

fsxc.jpg

Furthermore some items in the add-ons menu have disappeared. I think 8 items or so were listed here, but now only 2 are left. I don't know whether it is related to this, but other third-parties add-ons like AES and the FSDreamTeam add-on manager don't work anymore (and the FSDT sceneries don't show up either).

fsx2.jpg

I tried googling this problem, but I can't find anything similar. As a solution I removed the FSX.cfg, uninstalled SP1+SP2, then ran FSX repair, then reinstalled SP1 and SP2 but it didn't help. This problem actually is the result of doing that, because before doing so I got a CTD every time I started FSX (at least now FSX works again).

Last thing I want to do is a comple reinstall of FSX and all add-ons, but all help is appreciated!

Best regards,

Stefan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You see only default liveries because "Show all variations" box is not checked in your aircraft selection menu.

Missing stuff in addon menu sounds like possibly corrupted dll.xml file in your fsx.cfg folder. Try to backup your existing one and then remove the original one and try to reinstall addon manager again, if it then works you likely have corrupted dll.xml. Basically dll.xml is needed for many complicated addons, and if it gets corrupted they will stop working.

If that's the case you could try to repair it, there are some ways but I don't know myself how, or just let FSX generate new one and then reinstall all your addons that need correct dll.xml to work.

You see only default liveries because "Show all variations" box is not checked in your aircraft selection menu.

LOL, I had completely forgotten that box. Thanks!

Missing stuff in addon menu sounds like possibly corrupted dll.xml file in your fsx.cfg folder. Try to backup your existing one and then remove the original one and try to reinstall addon manager again, if it then works you likely have corrupted dll.xml. Basically dll.xml is needed for many complicated addons, and if it gets corrupted they will stop working.

If that's the case you could try to repair it, there are some ways but I don't know myself how, or just let FSX generate new one and then reinstall all your addons that need correct dll.xml to work.

OK, I'll try doing this.

Stefan

Fortunately enough, there was a 2-day-old back-up of XML.dll. Now FSX is back alive! Thank you so much!